The Laneway Project is a not-for-profit social enterprise.
We believe that laneways have at the potential to be vibrant, living spaces, and that thriving public spaces help to create strong neighbourhoods, communities and cities.
Our work falls into 3 streams:
- We work in partnership with the development and design community to improve and activate laneways.
- We work with municipalities and other stakeholders to create laneway friendly policies and procedures.
- We develop resources and host events to inspire and support residents, community groups, businesses and other stakeholders in improving and making better use of laneways.
Our services include:
Laneway Master Planning
Conduct place-based laneway assessments
Develop project visions, master plans and implementation plans for individual laneways
Provide planning advice on laneway revitalization as part of neighbourhood planning exercises
Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Plan, coordinate and manage public consultation processes
Engage and bring together diverse stakeholders to support project planning and implementation
Create local advisory groups to support project implementation
Policy and Best Practice Research
Conduct research into laneway best practices from around the world and apply them to the local context
Work with municipalities to support the development of public realm policies that support laneway transformation
Activation Planning and Implementation
- Plan and implement laneway greening projects, pop-up activations and transformations
- Build support for projects among local stakeholders, municipalities, and decision makers